Driving 140 km/hr is 20 km/hr above the speed limit.. not much
The injuries it can cause.. Horrendous.
Had a guy come in with that just that, hit a post at 140km/hr
Back pain, pain when breathing, and peeing blood
Not CRAZY bad symptoms considering his accident. But then we did a full body CT scan and..
1. He had multiple rib fractures
2. Damaged Liver + Both kidneys
3. Fracture of the thoracic vertebral columns from T6 to T10 (they go from 1 – 12)
4. The tough one: The one in the CT scan above shows a “Burst Fracture”. As the name implies, its a type of fracture that in short describes the bone had “burst”, like a balloon. And a bony fragment was compressing his spinal cord, which in lay mans terms mean he might not be able to walk for life, unless its removed.
5. A tear across his rectum, meaning he will need a colostomy bag (a bag placed on your abdomen so you can “poo” into it).
This kid was 20 years old.
Slow it down people, seriously.
Think of your family.